Coming July 2018!
Railroad Square, Downtown Nashua
10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Up-and-coming talent from throughout the Merrimack Valley Region compete in Downtown Nashua for a chance to win the grand prize of a professional album recording!
The Merrimack Valley Battle of the Bands is coming to Railroad Square in Downtown Nashua July, 2018. Bands will have fifteen (15) minutes to perform on stage – a recommended three (3) songs. All material must be original music. Bands and artists are to submit the necessary information to Ben Ruddock, Arts Coordinator at Great American Downtown, between May 1st and June 1st of 2018.
Bands and artists interested in performing can click here for detailed information on eligibility and application submission.
Great American Downtown will publish an online voting system on which the public can vote for the bands they want to see compete in this event. Bands and artists are encouraged solicit friends, family and fans for votes through Facebook, tagging “@DowntownNashua” in their posts, and using #MVBoB. Online voting will open on June 12th and will close on June 30th.
The eighteen (18) bands receiving the most online votes will be selected to compete and perform on stage at the Merrimack Valley Battle of the Bands on July 22nd. The winners of the voting poll will be announced through the Great American Downtown Facebook page and at DowntownNashua.org no later than July 5th.
On the day of the event, bands will be scored by a panel of judges consisting of Industry Professionals and Leaders from the Nashua music scene on the following factors:
• Music Originality (1 – 15 Points)
• Stage Presentation (1 – 15 Points)
• Marketability (1 – 10 Points)
• Audience Attendance/Participation (1 – 20 Points)
At 7pm on July 22nd, Judges will confer and announce the Grand Prize Winner. Grand Prize Winner will receive a free record deal, inclusive of the following:
• Five (5) days of recording/tracking
• Three (3) days of mixing
• One (1) day of mastering
• Limited run physical print of three-hundred (300) jacketed CDs
• One (1) year listing with Amazon MP3, iTunes, Spotify.
• Producer Ben Ruddock, of Weird Fish Productions, will guide and support the recording process
• Length of Album/EP will be determined by length of song and recording process. All songs recorded will need to be original, though artist/band may explore funding for licensing of a cover at their own expense.